2. The Promotion commences on Tuesday, 28 June 2016 at 6:00am AEST and closes on Sunday, 10 July 2016 at 11.59pm AEST (Promotional Period). Entries submitted and received by the Promoter after the Promotion Period will not be accepted.
3. Entry is only open to Australian legal residents aged 18 years and over at the time of entry and who satisfy the entrance requirements contained herein.
4. Entry is limited to one entry per person during the period of the competition. Multiple entries by the same person will result in disqualification.
5. Employees (and their immediate families) of MECCA Brands Pty Ltd ABN 11 077 859 931 (Promoter or we), their subsidiaries and the agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent or step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, sibling, step-sibling or 1st cousin.
To enter, entrants must:
6. To enter, an entrant must, during the Promotion Period, log onto the MECCA mecca.com.au/beautyelections , and follow the specific voting instructions to submit a valid vote including personal details requested (including full name, email address and telephone number). Once entrants have submitted a valid vote, they will receive 1 entry into the Promotion.
7. I The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant whose entry is notin accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who otherwise tampers with the voting process. Manifest errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's
discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
8. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any votes not received by the Promoter or delays in the delivery of the votes due to any reason whatsoever. A vote will only be counted as being received once it has been received by the Promoter and not when it was sent. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for incorrect, incomplete, lost, late or misdirected votes.
9. If there is a dispute as to the identity or details of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity or details of the entrant.
10. There is 1 Grand Prize Winner and 3 Runner Up Winners. This competition is a game of chance. Skill plays no part in determining the winners. The 1 Grand Prize Winner and 3 runner up winners will be determined by random selection. Each entry will be assigned a number in the competition database. 4 random numbers will be generated (within the number range of entries) by the ‘true random number generator’ at www.random.org by the Promoter’s Manager of the competition at the offices of the Promoter, 34 Wangaratta St, Richmond, VIC, 3121, Australia on Tuesday, 19 July 2016 at 10:00am AEST. The first random number generated will be the Grand Prize Winner and the second, third and fourth random numbers generated will be the Runner Up Winners. The Promoter reserves the right to draw additional valid reserve entries and record them in order, in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn and the Promoter elects to draw upon such reserve entries.
11. The 1 Grand Prize Winner and 3 Runner Up Winners will be notified by either telephone or email within 7 days of the draw. If any of the 4 winners does not claim their prize within 2 months of telephone or email notification, or they are not otherwise contactable, a winner(s) will be selected again for the unclaimed prize/s, using the same procedure set out in clause 10, on at 3:00pm AEST, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. This procedure will continue, as the context permits and in the Promoter’s absolute discretion, until a claimable winner can be contacted. Unclaimed prize draws will be conducted and subject to any direction given under relevant legislation.
12. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence or communication will be entered into in relation to such decision or associated process.
13. The total prize pool value for this Promotion is AUD $4,450 (inclusive of GST). Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices as at 28 June 2016. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date. If for any reason any of the specified prizes (or part of them) are unavailable or out of stock, the Promoter reserves the right to replace it with something of sim
a. The Grand Prize Winner receives an exclusive MECCA Experience valued at AUD $2,950 (inclusive of GST). The MECCA Experience includes an after-hours, closed-door experience
at an agreed date, time and MECCA Cosmetica or MECCA Maxima store for the Grand Prize Winner and up to 4 guests. Each guest [5 in total] will have their makeup applied valued at AUD $90 and receive an AUD $500 MECCA voucher to spend on the night. Light refreshments will be provided to the Grand Prize Winner and their guests during the night. Transport to and from the chosen MECCA Cosmetica or Mecca Maxima store on the night and other incidentals are not included in the cost.
b. The 3 Runner Up Winners each receive a MECCA gift card valued at AUD $500 (inclusive of GST). The AUD $500 MECCA gift card must be redeemed at MECCA Cosmetica, MECCA
Maxima or www.mecca.com.au within 12 months of issue.
14. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, or any part thereof, are not transferable, sale able or exchangeable and cannot be taken or redeemed as cash or equivalent.
15. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
16. . It is a condition of accepting the prizes that the winners must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements
17. It is a condition of accepting the prizes that the winners may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
18. If for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, (including but not limited to) infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry/voting process, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion. If this Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a)to disqualify any entrant/voter; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to
modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Promotion, as appropriate.
19. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Promoter makes no warranties, representations or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or in law, as regards this competition or the merchant ability, quality or fitness for a particular purpose regarding any prize or any component of any prize.
20. Entrants consent to the Promoter using the entrant's name, image, likeness, in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this Promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter, and their related bodies corporate.
21. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website situated at http://mecca.com.au/beauty-elections is the entrant’s sole responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entrants’ use (or attempted use) of such websites.
22. If the winner/s is under the age of 18 as at the date on which the winner is determined, an adult must accompany the minor in the participation of the prize.
23. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, (including but not limited to) infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
24. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of, entries or any other event beyond its control and in these circumstances, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition
(without liability) and, if it elects to do so, recommence it from the start on the same conditions.
25. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, (including but not limited to) any injury or damage to participants or any other
person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in or down-loading any materials in this Promotion.
26. Without limiting any other terms herein, the entrant indemnifies the Promoter for any breach of the above terms or warranties.
27. All entries become the property of the Promoter (including any intellectual property rights comprised therein). All opt-in entries will be entered into a database and the Promoter may use the entrant’s names, image, addresses and telephone numbers for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice and without any fee being paid unless otherwise advised by the entrant. By opting-in, entrants confirm that they allow their details to be used for this purpose. If entrants no longer consent to their details being used for future marketing purposes,the entrant should contact the Promoter on their details set out below. Any request to update, modify or delete the entrant’s details should be directed to the Promoter.
28. Entrants’ personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and winners’ names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter
29. This Promotion and any issues relating to the construction, validity, interpretation and enforce ability of these terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Victoria, Australia.
30. The Promoter is MECCA Brands Pty Ltd (ABN 11 077 859 931) of 34 Wangaratta Street, Richmond VIC 3121, Australia
31. NSW Permit Number: LTPS/16/03398; ACT Permit Number: ACT TP 16/00848.